Originally built in 1929 by L.H. Pennington, the buildings that have become the core of Iron City Birmingham have had a long history in the auto industry and left a lasting impression on the Southside landscape. Our historic location was considered one of the most modern car facilities of its time. It is fitting that Iron City’s reconstruction was driven by another entrepreneur in the car business, Steve DeMedicis.
In a design envisioned by Steve DeMedicis, two existing buildings were connected and underwent extensive renovation. The result is a world class music venue in a two floor layout which includes three stages, state of the art sound and video systems, two bars and a restaurant.
Today, it’s the most inspired music and event venue in the city, and we can’t wait to share it with you.
Where can I buy tickets?
- Tickets can be purchased through IronCityBham.com or at the Iron City Box Office. The box office hours are 10am to 6pm, Tuesday through Friday. Iron City does not accept tickets purchased through third party websites including, but not limited to, StubHub. Please be advised that Iron City cannot guarantee the authenticity of tickets obtained through any other source. Counterfeit and other invalid tickets will not be honored. Any tickets suspected of being purchased for the sole purpose of reselling can be cancelled at the discretion of Iron City.
How do I reserve a table in the mezzanine?
- Upgrade your viewing experience by reserving a table in the mezzanine. We offer comfortable seating with premier views, priority entry & a beverage ticket to everyone who upgrades! The cost is $75 per person. Please contact Megan@ironcitybham to reserve your table today. Please note: Table reservations do not include tickets for the event. General admission tickets to the show should be purchased separately from our box office or online. Limited reserved table seating is available.
How big is Iron City?
- Iron City has two large indoor areas: The Grill, an upscale bar and restaurant that seats 90, and our main event venue that has a 1300 standing capacity.
Where do I park?
- We have a parking lot next to the Grill entrance on 6th Ave South. There is also plenty of street parking around the venue. The lot on the corner of 22nd St. South and 6th Ave South is available for parking as well.
What hotels are near Iron City?
- You’ll find great listing of nearby hotels here: ConcertHotels.com. We’d love it if you mentioned that we recommended the hotel when you book.
Is there seating for concerts?
- We are primarily a general admission standing room venue. The nature of seating depends on the specific event. Large capacity events will have very limited seating and seats are first come, first served. Some smaller events or concerts will have tables and chairs spread out across the event center, but seating isn't guaranteed unless it's reserved. Limited reserved table seating is available.
Does Iron City offer accessible seating?
- If you are handicapped or require a seat due to a disability, you must contact us before the date of the concert to reserve accessible seating. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Can I smoke at Iron City?
- We have an outdoor patio where smoking and vaping is allowed. Per city ordinance, there can be no smoking inside the building.
Can I pick up my will call tickets at anytime before the show?
- Currently will call tickets may only be picked up after doors open for the event. If you would like to have tickets in hand for a concert, we recommend using the “Print at Home” option, purchasing tickets in person at the venue, or having tickets mailed via USPS for applicable shows.
Can I bring my camera to an Iron City concert?
- ONLY small profile cameras with attached lenses are allowed at concerts without a photo pass unless otherwise noted. Some concerts will require photography restrictions or allow no photography. Please check event listings for details.
If a show is all ages, does that really mean ALL ages?
- Yes, if a show is listed as “all ages,” any age person may attend. All attendees must have a ticket regardless of age. All attendees will be asked to show a valid photo ID.
Can I enter from The Grill entrance?
- Patrons who have already purchased or plan to purchase a concert ticket should save their receipt from the Grill ($20 or more) to gain entry into our main concert and event space.
What items are NOT allowed in Iron City?
- No weapons of any kind are allowed in Iron City (even with a permit). Our security staff pats down each attendee upon entry into a concert. We cannot hold weapons for you. You will be asked to put them in your car. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of venue management