- We have several FREE parking lots within walking distance of our venue!- The “Backstage” lot located to the left of The Grill entrance on 6th Ave South. This lot is not available on show days.
– The Grill at Iron City lot on the corner of 22nd St. South and 6th Ave South.
– The Courtney’s lot on the corner of 24th St. South and 6th Ave South.
– The Tool Solutions’s lot on 6th Ave South across from The Grill at Iron City is available to Iron City patrons AFTER 5PM.
– There is also plenty of street parking around the venue.
- If you choose to park at LIV on 5th or The Fish Market, you will most likely get towed. These lots do not belong to Iron City.
Where can I buy tickets?
- Tickets can be purchased through IronCityBham.com or at the Iron City Box Office. The box office hours are 10am to 6pm, Tuesday through Friday. Iron City DOES NOT accept tickets purchased through third party websites. Please be advised that Iron City cannot guarantee the authenticity of tickets obtained through any other source (Excluding Lyte). Counterfeit and other invalid tickets will not be honored. Any tickets suspected of being purchased for the sole purpose of reselling can be cancelled at the discretion of Iron City.
What is Lyte?
- Lyte is Iron City’s official ticket exchange platform! Lyte is a great way for you, the fan, to buy and sell tickets for sold out concerts. If your plans change and you can no longer attend the sold out concert you previously bought tickets for, Lyte provides a no-hassle spot where you can sell your tickets, and a fan that really wants to attend the the concert can securely buy your tickets. Check it out HERE.
How do I reserve a table in the mezzanine?
- Upgrade your viewing experience by reserving a table in the mezzanine. We offer comfortable seating with premier views, priority entry & a beverage ticket to everyone who upgrades! Tables range in price from $170-$510 depending on the number of seats at the table. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your table today.
Please note: Table reservations do not include tickets for the event. General admission tickets to the show should be purchased separately from our box office or online. Limited reserved table seating is available.
What items are NOT allowed in Iron City?
- No weapons of any kind are allowed in Iron City (even with a permit). Our security staff pats down each attendee upon entry into a concert. We cannot hold weapons for you. You will be asked to put them in your car. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of venue management.
How big is Iron City?
- Iron City has two large indoor areas: The Grill at Iron City, a fabulous bar and restaurant that seats 90, and our main event venue that has a 1300 standing capacity.
What hotels are near Iron City?
- You’ll find great listing of nearby hotels here: ConcertHotels.com. We’d love it if you mentioned that we recommended the hotel when you book.
Is there seating for concerts?
- We are primarily a general admission standing room venue. The nature of seating depends on the specific event. Large capacity events will have very limited seating and seats are first come, first served. Some smaller events or concerts will have tables and chairs spread out across the event center, but seating isn’t guaranteed unless it’s reserved. Limited reserved table seating is available.
Does Iron City offer accessible seating?
- If you are handicapped or require a seat due to a disability, you must contact us before the date of the concert to reserve accessible seating. Email email@example.com for inquiries.
Can I smoke at Iron City?
- We have an outdoor patio where smoking and vaping is allowed. Per city ordinance, there can be no smoking inside the building.
Can I pick up my will call tickets at anytime before the show?
- Will call tickets may be picked up at the box office prior to the day of the show. On the day of the show, will call tickets can only be picked up after doors open for the event. If you would like to have tickets in hand for a concert, we recommend using the “Print at Home” option, purchasing tickets in person at the venue, or having tickets mailed via USPS for applicable shows.
Can I bring my camera to an Iron City concert?
- ONLY small profile cameras with attached lenses are allowed at concerts without a photo pass unless otherwise noted. Some concerts will require photography restrictions or allow no photography. Please check event listings for details.
If a show is all ages, does that really mean ALL ages?
- Yes, if a show is listed as “all ages,” any age person may attend. All attendees must have a ticket regardless of age. All attendees will be asked to show a valid photo ID.
Can I enter from The Grill at Iron City entrance?
- Patrons who have already purchased or plan to purchase a concert ticket should save their receipt from The Grill ($20 or more) to gain entry into our main concert and event space.
Originally built in 1929 by L.H. Pennington, the buildings that have become the core of Iron City Birmingham have had a long history in the auto industry and left a lasting impression on the Southside landscape. Our historic location was considered one of the most modern car facilities of its time. It is fitting that Iron City’s reconstruction was driven by another entrepreneur in the car business, Steve DeMedicis.
In the design by Williams Blackstock Architects, two connected buildings underwent extensive renovation and construction in a two-floor layout that includes three concert stages, state of the art sound system, two bars and a restaurant.
Today, it’s the most inspired music and event venue in the city, and we can’t wait to share it with you.